Sunday, February 27, 2011

I know that





I know that I am haunted, by something inside me.
Something that grinds me and wears me right down.
Floating in a ghostly dreaming, my demon


A haunting, that I cannot refuse.
I just can’t put my finger on it.
I guess I’ve just got some ghouls.
Over run by your spectral dopplegang.


I know that demon inside me
is trying to escape this pale world:
lost in some nether regìon between reality
and that haunted, unnamed place…


I know that the person I am on the inside
is different to the one outside.
I wonder which of them is the real me,
and who is the unreal soul


I know you’re still inside me:
eating away from within.
Devouring whatever sanity remains;
filling my longing with pain.
Over and over again


I know I must leave you this way:
grieving as tho’ at a wake.
Hurts me to see you this day;
I’d much rather celebrate;
but I am dead to you.


I know I must fly like the wind:
flee away, get above every thing.
Like a leaf blown around in the air;
floating crazily: not going nowhere.


I will not drink that bitter concoction;
that brings out demons
from the pathways of my dark soul.
Running shadows, with wild screaming eyes


I will not taste that sweet elixer
that dulls my senses and makes me inebriate to you;
lest I feel lonlier than a far-off star in the night.


Far from the comfort of any home;
far from the the warmth of your light;
slowly and lonely I roam,
destitute of your love in this cold night


Playing a shell game with my numbed mind.
Playing chess with a sad heart.
Take a queen – leave her behind.
Take my pawn, rip his soul apart.


Chris Twitery
March 7, 2009


Image:
The Akshardham Temple, represent 10,000 years of Indian culture through its beautiful monument, fantastic exhibitions and 100 acres of lush lawns. It’s extraordinary architecture constructed by an estimated 11,000 artisans and volunteers. The temple is located near the Nizamuddin Bridge along the bank of River Yamuna, New Delhi.

No comments:

Post a Comment